Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

The End Begins

"I just..."
I stumbled for the words to even begin to explain what got me to this point as Thomas stared at me, the pain of a million heartbreaks painted a cross his face. This all seemed so much easier thinking about it on my drive home.
"I truly love you. So much. I just..."
Come ON Brogan, get it together! This was by no means something I was looking forward to doing and hurt me just as much as it hurt him. I've just perfected hiding my feelings. The stone cold bitch act has become my specialty, but I could feel the act starting to come apart. Seeing the man I thought I loved so much, the man I was sure was The One, the man I had started planning my life with so torn apart made me begin to regret my decision.
"I just don't think I can do this anymore. You know I love you more than anything in the world but I just need to..."
The tears started falling. I didn't know what to tell Thomas; I knew this was already painful for him and I didn't want to hurt him anymore. He was already devastated to come home and see me, not as a surprise visit, but packing up my belongings and shoving as much as I could fit into my old Buick. I looked down and saw our two-year-old dog whimpering. She knew something was up and the look in her big brown eyes made my heart ache. I had to do this. I had made my bed and now it was time to lie in it.

4 comments:

  1. MORE!!! I'm ready for the next post!! Consider me a follower!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came to check out your blog after seeing your comment on Lily's Playlist and I must say..... Ohhhh! I am sooooo intrigued!! Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for visiting! I'm glad you like it so far! Brogan definitely has some major adventures coming.

    ReplyDelete